The system, launching next week, is designed to fight fraud and protect the integrity of AC's library and our entire community. This is a way to ensure that your work is surrounded by original content from verified Content Producers, and that fraudulent submissions don’t slow down review time.
The process is simple — all you need is a phone number. Here’s how it will work:
Soon you'll see messages around the site that encourage you to verify your account. When you verify, you’ll enter your phone number, and a few seconds later you’ll receive a four-digit code via phone call or text message (your choice). Enter this code into the site, and your account will be verified. We’ll also offer alternative methods of verifying your account – please contact verify[at]associatedcontent.com for details. Once your account has been verified, you will never be asked to repeat the process.
Here is a shot of what an unverified account will look like on your Payment page:
And here's a shot of the verified view of the Account page:
Other important notes:
- If you’ve already filed an IRS W-9 form with AC, you will not need to verify your account.
- AC will never share your phone number or other personal information with a third party for any purpose other than verification.
- You will not be able to receive further payments from AC until your account has been verified. After 90 days, all payments to unverified accounts will be forfeited.
- You can only verify one account per phone number. If you share a household and phone number with another CP, you may contact us for additional verification options.
- The system will verify non-U.S. phone numbers.
- Once the system launches, please contact verify[at]associatedcontent.com if you have questions or concerns.